Shreveport Car Accident Attorneys
If you have been hurt in a motor vehicle accident in Northwest Louisiana, you may wonder who to turn to for help making an injury claim. The process is complex, requiring all types of paperwork, negotiations with insurance companies, and court appearances. This is all on top of the time and effort it takes to recover from an injury. At Ryan E. Gatti, Attorney at Law, we know how taxing navigating the aftermath of a wreck can be. That is why we are here to offer support and advocacy.
Our car accident attorneys in Shreveport handle all types of cases, including those that involve truck and motorcycle accidents and negligent drunk drivers. We have represented countless clients and recovered millions of dollars. To find out what we can do for you, reach out today. We offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee basis, making it affordable to get a legal advocate.
Should You Accept an Insurance Settlement?
After any kind of motor vehicle collision, you may receive a settlement offer from the at-fault party’s insurance company. You could feel inclined to take this offer. After all, the money might be hard to deny with bills piling up. However, it is in your best interests to consult with an attorney before agreeing to a settlement. Insurance companies do everything they can to pay as little as possible for accident injuries. The offer you receive might be well below what you need.
In these situations, a lawyer can help you in the following ways:
- In the days and weeks after accidents, it can be hard to determine the full extent of injuries and their impact on your life. A lawyer can ensure you get a thorough injury examination to determine the fair value of your claim.
- An experienced attorney can investigate the circumstances of the accident to correctly identify the liable party. If multiple parties are responsible for the accident, your lawyer can pursue a higher settlement amount and hold them accountable.
- Retaining a lawyer can level the playing field with insurance companies. They can review your settlement offer, ensuring it meets your needs. If it does not, they can negotiate a new settlement with the insurance company or even take your case to trial.
Compensation Available in Car Crash Cases
Regardless of whether you make an injury claim for a car wreck, semi-truck collision, or motorcycle accident, you can recover compensation for the following and more:
- Hospital bills, surgeries, medication, rehabilitation, and other past and future medical expenses
- Days you missed work
- A lower earning capacity as a result of your injuries
- Physical pain, severe stress, and other trauma that stemmed from the accident
- Permanent disabilities
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Damaged property, including your vehicle and other possessions
DUI Accident Injury Claims
If a drunk driver caused a collision that injured you, you can receive compensation for the same things as any other accident case. Louisiana law also permits accident victims to receive punitive damages. This money is meant to punish drunk drivers for their reckless actions.
The Statute of Limitations for Car Crash Claims in Louisiana
You generally have one year from the date of a wreck to make an injury claim. Similarly, if a loved one has passed because of a car collision, you have a year to pursue a wrongful death case. You should not wait before it is too late to seek compensation. Preparing for an injury claim and making one is an involved process that can take a lot of time. The sooner you start, the better.
What to do After a Car Accident in Louisiana
After a car accident, it's crucial to take specific steps to ensure your safety and protect your legal interests. Here's a quick guide on what to do:
- Ensure Safety: Check for injuries and move to a safe location, if possible. Turn on hazard lights and, if needed, call emergency services.
- Exchange Information: Exchange contact and insurance information with the other party involved. Obtain names, addresses, phone numbers, insurance details, and vehicle information.
- Document the Scene: Take pictures of the accident scene, vehicle damage, license plates, and any relevant road signs or signals. This documentation can be valuable for insurance claims and legal proceedings.
- Contact Law Enforcement: Report the accident to the police, especially if there are injuries or significant property damage. Obtain a copy of the police report.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if injuries seem minor, seek medical attention promptly. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent, and a medical examination can provide documentation for potential claims.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. Provide them with accurate and truthful information about the incident.
- Do Not Admit Fault: Avoid admitting fault or making statements that could be interpreted as an admission of guilt. Stick to factual information when discussing the accident.
- Collect Witness Information: If there are witnesses, obtain their names and contact information. Their statements may be valuable in determining fault.
- Keep Records: Keep a record of all communication related to the accident, including medical bills, repair estimates, and correspondence with insurance companies.
- Consult with a Car Accident Attorney: If you've suffered injuries or are facing challenges with insurance claims, consider consulting with a car accident attorney. They can provide guidance on your legal options and help protect your rights.
Hurt in a Car Accident? Call Us.
Every year, thousands of people are injured in crashes in Bossier Parish and elsewhere throughout Louisiana. Accidents are unfortunately common, and their effects can be devastating. While some drivers and passengers walk away from wrecks with mere scratches and bruises, the consequences for others are more severe and include things such as brain trauma or spinal cord injuries.
Have you been the victim of another’s negligence out on the road? Turn to Ryan E. Gatti, Attorney at Law for the representation you deserve. Schedule a free consultation to discuss your situation, the available compensation, and how our Shreveport car accident attorneys can fight for you.
“They treat you like a part of their family and you truly feel that you are in the best hands possible.”“THE BEST!!!! There is no other firm in the Shreveport Bossier City area you should even think about for your family court or custody case.”- Jason A.
“Everybody up there is very professional and courteous.”“They always notified me of what was happening and the next steps in the process. They price of my case was very reasonable, as well. They are proficient and very thorough.”- Brandon S.
“Ryan and his team are amazing!”“They are professional, accessible, and helped to come to a quick resolution. Thank you, Ryan, for treating us like family.”- Kim S.
“Highly recommend Ryan Gatti!”“Great lawyer! Helped my daughter in a custody situation. He worked out a payment plan to aid in the ability to afford an attorney. Took the time to speak to us and treated us like family.”- Rachel T.
“I give Ryan Gatti and his staff a 5 STAR PLUS!”“I would highly recommend Attorney Ryan Gatti and his law firm. He is a very knowledgeable and professional attorney yet cares about his clients. He has always exceeded expectations in my case.”- Jonanne H.
“His staff is always cordial and punctual, 5/5 would recommend!”“Ryan Gatti is one of the most competent and attentive attorneys that I have had the pleasure of doing business with.”- Hal G.
“Ryan and his staff are phenomenal!”“They work with you in a timely manner!!! All around great man 10/10 recommend!”- Destiny V.
“I could not have asked for a better team of lawyers and legal assistance.”“Thank you Ryan Gatti and Gordon Mosley for your expert advice and guiding me through a very difficult time.”- Lynnette M.